Tornado Shelter Locations and Info.
The South Conway County School shall utilize the following rules and procedures for use of the Tornado Safe Rooms in the District:
- Safe Room doors will automatically unlock when the tornado siren sounds.
- Safe Rooms are open only to the public when a tornado warning (not watch) has been issued and/or the tornado sirens have been sounded.
- Safe Rooms will remain open only until the tornado warning is lifted. When the warning expires, the Safe Rooms must be vacated within thirty (30) minutes.
- During school hours, students and staff only can use the Safe Rooms.
- It is mandatory to follow the directions of the Safe Room managers or school administrators at all times.
- Pets are not allowed in the Safe Rooms unless they are a service animal.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the shelter.
- Smoking or use of tobacco or products containing tobacco in any form is prohibited. Specifically, the prohibition also included any product that manufactured, distributed, marked, or sold as e-cigarettes, e-pipe, vapor devices or under any other name or descriptor.
- Radios or other music devices may be used only with individual earphones.
- No alcohol beverages.
- No Weapons ie: guns, knives, swords, etc. EXCEPTION: Official weapons carried by on duty law enforcement.
Click on the icon of the shelter for more information.